"The American press, with very few exceptions,
is a kept press.
Kept by the big corporations
the way a whore is kept by a tycoon."
- - Theodore Dreiser
We know our politics are empty because our mass media suck - suck up to ruling powers, suck the intelligence from public debate, suck from the corporate tit. Nature and democracy abhor the resulting vacuum. If we as a people are ever to learn of the Big Body coup in Maine, DC or the UN, we will have to paint the pictures, sound the alarm, and fill that void ourselves. Consider:
25 Years of Project Censored by Noam Chomsky
Media Shuns O'Neill/Bush Call to Tax-exempt Corporations & Trash Social Security
The Little News that's Fit to Print
There are a lot of ways to react to this arrogant insanity as noted in the two following links. However, if you really are drawn to an artistic path, we suggest you skip over these rookie approaches to the richer subversions below.
ALLIES FURTHER OUT
The Impolite, Illicit and Incontinent: Media meisters dishing out the BIG Meme with tech sorcery, seditious humor and stubborn hope.
- ( For a quick riff on memes, and why they are crucial to understanding and overturning Big Body rule, see our pages on Memework and Meme Cascades first. )
- Culture Jamming -- "Hacking, Slashing and Sniping in the Empire of Signs"
- Seminal manifesto against Big Body media & how to get involved.
- Adbusters- Culture Jam Headquarters
- A slick, smart and savage multi-front offensive against Big Body brainwashing and rule. See especially their campaigns on Mass Media Ad Jams and
The Big Question (Is
economic "progress" killing the planet?)
- Best Graffiti Around the World
- Poster Nation - dedicated to Nationwide Saturation Postering.
Last PN campaign: Billionaires for Bush (or Gore)
- Obey the Giant
- Inspiring example of a small image that worked Bigtime.
- Seize the Day - Inflammatory, Infectious, Impressive
Hear their Monsanto-scalding anthem: Food'n'Health'n'Hope
- Raging Grannies National Song Book -
Rewiring the Classics to Spark Revolt